Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What are YOU making?

Today is Halloween (Yay!) which is an awesome "holiday"... I love the tricks and the treats, I love the bustling about the streets, the creepy music etc. I love all things Halloween. Since my two youngest ones were born however, we've been very laid back making our decorations family friendly for the most part and we certainly didn't go over the top in decorating this year. On one hand it's been great not stressing over it, but on the other hand I've sorta missed it. This year I put my extra efforts into making costumes for the two youngins. Pictures coming soon... promise!

However, the one thing that happens on Halloween morning is that I begin to think about how far behind I already am for the HOLIDAYS!! Hahaha Confused? Yeah, me too...

I love all things fall and I love all things Merry so from this day through Jan 1st is my favorite time of year. Last year I swore that I was going to make ALL handmade gifts for the next holiday. Well, here it is Halloween, just 54 days until Christmas and I have made a whopping 4 homemade holiday presents. This is crazy to me because my list of gifts to make is at about 18.  4 down, just 14 more to go...

I have been taking pictures of the homemade items that I've made so far but as you can imagine, I cannot post some of those until AFTER the holidays as I don't want to give anything away... but, here are a few sneak peeks of things still left on my list for various family/friends that I know that I wish I could find the time to make!! Click on the caption to take you directly to the blog/site for instructions and/or the pattern.

Knit Scarf

Peasant Dress
Owl Purse
Toiletry Bag

Gingerbread Playdough

Bathtub "Fairy Dust"
I Spy Bottles


So tell me, what are YOU planning on making?

No comments:

Post a Comment